We’re pleased to present the opportunity to join Urenco as a Principal Engineer Process & Mechanical. Based at our UTD office – Gronau/Almelo site location, you’ll manage a team of (senior) engineers Process & Mechanical to deliver Front End Engineering Design (FEED) as agreed with Design Managers (matrix organization)
To ensure the design meets Urenco best practises and world industry standards in the discipline area Process & Mechanical and the (senior) engineers deliver consistent, aligned, optimum plant design;
To provide guidance and oversight in the design development process of the team;
To ensure the (senior) engineers Process & Mechanical are trained and educated in the expertise area and act as key design engineers in Urenco’s excellence centre for Plant Design.
Urenco is a trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. As demand in our sector increases, we are creating career opportunities and growth across our teams.
For us, a happy and engaged workforce is vital to our sustainability. Our aim is to recruit and retain talented people who can help us deliver outstanding customer service and achieve long term commercial success.
Join us on our journey, front and centre, to a net zero future.
What will your day look like?
- (Line) Management of a design engineering team in the expertise area (10-16 direct reports)
- Promotes and stimulate team performance in line with Urenco’s values, culture and behaviours
- Ensure consistency, completeness, alignment in plant design applying Urenco’s standards and meeting Customer requirements
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture and perform analysis to create a learning from experience behaviour
- Allocation of design resources agreed with Design Technology Manager and Design Managers
- Define and execute training/education programs to guarantee the (senior) engineers acts as Suitable Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP)
What do you need to be great at this role?
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in (advanced, nuclear) process technology, chemistry or mechanical engineering, and/or specialism in Nuclear Science or a Professional Engineer (PE) license obtained by accredited examination in associated areas
- Preferred: Additional training and/or accreditation in Physics, Chemistry or Advanced Process Technology and Industrial/Nuclear Safety
- managing design engineering teams to deliver medium/large plant designs; Demonstrable leadership role in complex design and engineering projects
- leading a team of highly trained experts
- delivery of Frond End Engineering Designs
- seniority in defining and substantiating design solutions in order to support integrated safety analysis/safety case reports
- Define and maintain design intend of Urenco’s assets
- Capability to implement Urenco’s design management processes and procedures
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
Verrijk je toekomst, join us!
Alleen ga je sneller, samen kom je verder: wij verrijken onze teams graag met diverse talenten.
Ben je enthousiast over de functie maar twijfel je of jouw achtergrond voldoende aansluit?
De echte fit voor een functie ligt niet altijd in je ervaring of opleiding.
Dan willen we je aanmoedigen om toch door te lezen.
Samen kunnen wij kijken of wij jouw profiel passend kunnen maken.
Het zijn juist de verschillen tussen collega's die leiden tot verrassende samenwerkingen en innovatieve oplossingen.
En dat geeft ons energie! We zijn nieuwsgierig naar jou, je kwaliteiten en je talenten.
Misschien ben jij wel de juiste kandidaat voor deze of andere rollen, dus aarzel niet om te solliciteren!