Urenco is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide and providing low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. Ensuring sustainable capabilities long term to design and engineer new plants for future business by managing training and education programs, and defining succession planning schedules etc.
As part of the organizational change of Urenco Technology & Development this role offers a great opportunity to grow with the business and implement a new workstream.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Define and maintain the Urenco Safety Database comprising all design incident scenario’s that form the basis of Integrated Safety in Plant Design
- Analysis, Plant Safety Cases and License safety justifications
- Contribute to development of the Safety Case in new/modification projects
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of facility’s process design and licensing basis regarding human, industrial and in particular nuclear safety
- Lead safety assessments, i.e. HAZID/HAZOP/FMEA
- Evaluate ReAct/BCI events, and manage learning from experience program within DA organization
- Perform technical and quality reviews of a wide array of engineering and technical products. Advanced experience levels also perform reviews of non-typical documents and situations - including license and legislation reviews (and maintaining such qualifications)
- Develop resolution of technical problems in accordance with established procedures and available vendor documents (including but not limited to: Non-conformance Evaluations, Operability Determinations, and Quality Level determinations)
- Apply industrial safety and radiological safety practices in the performance of all field activities and engineering functions.
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, Process Technology, Nuclear Science or a Professional Engineer – or equivalent experience
Facilitator in safety assessments such as HAZOP, FMEA, Failure Tree analysis, SWIFT, SIL analysis
Demonstrable nuclear engineering capabilities in process technology and/or safety
Understanding of design (safety) standards and norms and its application in process/nuclear industry
Multiple years of experience in computational physics/mathematics.
How to apply
This role is based in Gronau. To apply please send your CV and covering letter via email to: Kai.Neumann@urenco.com