Summary of Responsibilities
The Pump Rebuild Technician will complete routine to complex tasks and assignments relative to the support of plant operations on components, parts, equipment and systems in accordance with approved plant procedures, processes and programs at the URENCO USA plant. Depending on experience, such tasks may be completed with or without direct supervision. Proficient craft personnel will be capable of mentoring junior personnel on less complex tasks. Experienced/seasoned candidates will be capable of organizing, leading, and completing complex work activities as assigned without direct supervision up to and including leading/mentoring work teams.
- Complete tasks and assignments relative to the support of plant operations such as vacuum pump rebuilds, valve and cylinder refurbishment, inspections and testing, as well as chemical trap preparation.
- Effectively communicate an ongoing status of work and address concerns to supervision.
- Use good radiological, and chemical work practices to minimize the spread of contamination and insure work is performed in a manner such that radiation dose received is “as low as reasonable achievable” (ALARA).
- Accurately document work/performance history (aids in facility configuration management), including equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations and retests as applicable.
- Supports the Emergency Response Organization (ERO). Understand and willingly accept duties and responsibilities assigned as a member of the ERO.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline, a journeyman’s license and three to five years of related experience. Navy Nuclear, commercial nuclear or manufacturing experience is a plus. At a minimum, the candidate will have a high school diploma or GED.
How to apply
Click HERE to apply!
URENCO USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. URENCO USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. UUSA supports a drug free workplace.
Enrich your future!
URENCO USA | Human Resources | HRUUSA@urenco.com