The Tax Analyst position is involved in all aspects of U.S., New Mexico and local tax compliance with a focus on both direct and indirect taxes such as corporate income tax, property tax, customs, gross receipts, employer tax, and compensating tax. The Tax Analyst will serve as a contributor to specific items of concern for direct tax compliance in areas that include depreciation, intercompany transactions and various account analysis and research as requested. This position requires willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where analytical, organizational and strong communication skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Prepare returns for monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings; including but not limited to income, franchise, gross receipts/sales, compensating/use, property tax and other informational reporting such as Forms 1099, etc.
- Provide account analysis as needed for income tax compliance and reporting.
- Maintain separate depreciation schedules for book, regular federal tax and alternative minimum tax.
- Assist with tax planning, analysis and identification/implementation of tax savings opportunities.
- Support the Tax Manager in managing tax authority audits and maintaining URENCO’s relationships with key advisors.
- Work with other finance staff to ensure compliance with internal financial procedures and tax regulations.
- Maintain tax and department task calendar.
- Assist in development of department filing system as may be needed for hard copies and electronic copies.
- Maintain and retain all tax records and work papers for current and previous years.
The ideal Tax Analyst will possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance or related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred. Five to seven years of related work experience in accounting / finance. Two years of public accounting or industry experience with an emphasis on tax. At a minimum, must have an Associate’s degree and zero to one year of related experience.
Please note that there is currently One available position: Tax Analyst I, II, or III. Qualifications will be reviewed and considered for all levels. The duties and responsibilities listed above do not reflect the position descriptions in full and in complete detail.
How to apply
Please click HERE to apply!
URENCO USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. URENCO USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. URENCO USA supports a drug free environment.