Urenco is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide and providing low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. Ensuring sustainable capabilities long term to design and engineer new plants for future business by managing training and education
programs, and defining succession planning schedules etc.
As part of the organizational change of Urenco Technology & Development this role offers a great opportunity to grow with the business and implement a new workstream.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture and perform analysis to create a learning from experience behaviour
- Ensure advanced plant designs comprise safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from the (nuclear) business
- Determine P&M design engineering aspects, options, and evaluation in contribution to feasibility / optioneering / best available technology studies
- Delivery of Conceptual Design and Design Specifications with focus on P&M expertise area
- Delivery of Basic Design packages concerning Core Plant Technology (CPT) with respect to P&M systems and equipment
- Provide directions and oversight concerning Detailed Design and supplier manufacturing quality processes on request of site or group project managers
- Define and maintain Core Plant Technology (CPT) design expertise on the basis of Urenco best (safety) practice and world class state-of the-art technology (Design Technology Excellence Centre).
- Establish, control, and maintain Group Reference Design and safety case standards and requirements. Group Reference Design includes: core UF6 enrichment, critical core UF6 support system requirements, relevant UF6 de-conversion requirements, and all design and safety case requirements in support of UTD activities
- Lead Post Implementation Reviews in P&M expertise area to establish the feedback loop to Design Authority from a safety/license compliance, operational, and asset management perspective
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
Recognized specialist in expertise area; high, in-depth, level of knowledge and problem solving capabilities
Experience in quality management systems
Demonstrable track record in successful design delivery involving conceptual and basic designs of complex process facilities
Senior experience in plant design
How to apply
This role is based in Gronau. To apply please send your CV and covering letter via email to: Kai.Neumann@urenco.com