We’re pleased to present the opportunity to join Urenco a Senior Engineer Process & Mechanical (P&M). Based at our UTD Office in Gronau, you’ll be a member of a Design Team to deliver to multiple customers (Urenco wide) the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) including technical feasibility and best available technology (BAT) studies;
Acting as P&M lead engineer in delivery of Conceptual and Basic Design of new build or modifications of (production) facilities; providing directions and oversight regarding design development to third party engineering service providers.
Developing Urenco Group design standards to meet world class safety standards, site license requirements and providing competitive advantages to be supplier of choice in the Nuclear (Enrichment) business.
Provides expert knowledge and advices from a technical seniority perspective management on Plant Design requirement specifications including Asset protection and management strategy, CapEx plans, Safety and Learning from Experience.
Urenco is a trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. As demand in our sector increases, we are creating career opportunities and growth across our teams.
For us, a happy and engaged workforce is vital to our sustainability. Our aim is to recruit and retain talented people who can help us deliver outstanding customer service and achieve long term commercial success.
Join us on our journey, front and centre, to a net zero future.
What will your day look like?
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture and perform analysis to create a learning from experience behaviour.
- Ensure advanced plant designs comprises safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from the (nuclear) business.
- Determine P&M design engineering aspects, options and evaluation in contribution to feasibility/optioneering/best available technology studies.
- Delivery of Conceptual Design and Design Specifications with focus on P&M expertise area.
- Delivery of Basic Design packages concerning Core Plant Technology (CPT) with respect to P&M systems and equipment.
- Provide directions and oversight concerning Detailed Design and supplier manufacturing quality processes on request of site or group project managers.
What do you need to be great at this role?
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Process Technology, Nuclear or Mechanical Engineering. Any other equivalent in combination with a Professional Engineer (PE) license obtained by accredited examination in associated areas.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree or PhD from an accredited college or university in Physics, Nuclear Science or Advanced Technology (Chemistry, Process and/or Mechanical)
- Ability to model and simulate complex stationary and dynamic integrated process systems with respect to process and mechanical requirements, design starting points.
- The ability to apply concepts and past experience to problems or challenges to assist in organizational learning and development.
- P&M expertise in (nuclear) process industry.
- Capability to analyse (measurement) data of complex process systems to solve or improve performance and understand (root) cause of events.
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
Verrijk je toekomst, join us!
Alleen ga je sneller, samen kom je verder: wij verrijken onze teams graag met diverse talenten.
Ben je enthousiast over de functie maar twijfel je of jouw achtergrond voldoende aansluit?
De echte fit voor een functie ligt niet altijd in je ervaring of opleiding.
Dan willen we je aanmoedigen om toch door te lezen.
Samen kunnen wij kijken of wij jouw profiel passend kunnen maken.
Het zijn juist de verschillen tussen collega's die leiden tot verrassende samenwerkingen en innovatieve oplossingen.
En dat geeft ons energie! We zijn nieuwsgierig naar jou, je kwaliteiten en je talenten.
Misschien ben jij wel de juiste kandidaat voor deze of andere rollen, dus aarzel niet om te solliciteren!